Epworth Sunday Evening Lenten Soup Suppers
Sundays: March 5 through April 9 5:00 p.m.
What a fellowship! Meetin’ and greetin’ and eatin’ and watchin’ and talkin’-it-over on Lenten Sunday evenings with Epworth family!
Lenten Soup Suppers continue through Palm Sunday. We enjoy fresh rolls from DeLuca’s Bakery. How fresh are they? – baked that morning! Our very own chefs bring homemade soups, sometimes stepping up to the plate at the very last moment. A series of Nooma films with Rob Bell have been followed by inspired discussion led by Pastor Charlie. We all go home having been fed in many ways.
Many hearts and hands make these suppers possible, from choosing the topics, to shopping, to setting up, to making soup, to serving and to cleaning up. We whole-heartedly thank all of you as individuals and as groups. These suppers began more than 30 years ago and were originally held on Wednesday evenings.
Everyone is invited. Bring a friend, bring family, bring a neighbor.
Are you or your group willing to make soup? Are you willing to help set up and clean up? Sign up in the narthex or contact Jo Malessa.
Tri-boro Lenten Soup Suppers
The Tri-boro soup suppers that are held on Wednesday nights at 6:30pm during Lent, suggested donation of $3 per person. Children under age 12 are free.
The schedule for this year:
- March 8: Sacred Heart RCC, 103 4th St., Riverton, preacher John Doll, “Giving Up Control”
- March 15: Bethany Lutheran Church, 617 Morgan Ave., Palmyra, preacher Joel Buckwater, “Giving Up Expectations”
- March 22: Asbury United Methodist Church, 2492 Andover Rd, Cinnaminson, preacher Tristan Shin, “Giving Up Superiority”
- March 29: Central Baptist, 514 Maple Ave., Palmyra, preacher Joe Donadieu, “Giving Up Enemies”
- April 5: Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2619 New Albany Rd, Cinnaminson, preacher Wes Allen, “Giving Up Our Lives”