Easter Sunday Online Worship 4.12.20 at Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra NJ
Call to Worship
Hymn Christ the Lord Is Risen Today Diane Soper & Sandy Grimes
24 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.
9 When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others. 10 It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them who told this to the apostles. 11 But they did not believe the women, because their words seemed to them like nonsense. 12 Peter, however, got up and ran to the tomb. Bending over, he saw the strips of linen lying by themselves, and he went away, wondering to himself what had happened
Luke 24 Jesus Has Risen
Hymn To Thine Be the Glory Diane Soper & Sandy Grimes
Checkmate by Moritz Retzsch
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group
Using ZOOM. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
- Monday, April 20, 7pm Council Meeting Using ZOOM live video. Link has been sent to members via email.
If you have an idea of how we can connect or something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith and in support of one another.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Clara Prince, Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Eva Schultz, Bob Pry & Brian Neas, Reva Luce.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., & David O’Brien, Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly & Mike Terrell (Tina Weiler’s aunt & uncle), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Joyce (Beth Pelkey’s mother), Jazelis Burgos (our DS’s wife), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Eddie (Audrey Worthy’s husband), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Wieler’s dad)
- Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email. I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.