Online Worship Service Sunday April 26, 2020 at Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra, NJ
Greeting & Announcements
Hymn The Day of Resurrection
Opening Prayer Joe Garemore
God, we remember with wonder and joy that your spirit is reaching everywhere: rejoicing in the liveliness of all living things; touching what is wounded or ill with healing power; gathering in the lonely, the lost, the least; soothing ancient troubles; creating and recreating a vision of hope. Come now, Holy Spirit. Let our worship rejoice in you, and lift our hearts, and bind us in one family of loving grace. We ask in Jesus’ name; Amen.
12 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. 4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. 7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
1 Corinthians 12 Concerning Spiritual Gifts
5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all. 12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Prayers & Lord’s Prayer
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video. Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group Using ZOOM live video. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
- Sunday May 2nd 10am Worship Online. Make sure to have bread and juice for communion.
If you have an idea of how we can connect or something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith and in support of one another.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Clara Prince, Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas. And everyone else!
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Bob Pry, Brian Neas, Reva Luce, The Hancock Family, The Weiler Family.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., & David O’Brien, Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly (Tina Weiler’s aunt), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Eddie (Audrey Worthy’s husband), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Wieler’s dad), Jim Boudwin (Faye’s brother in law), Bill Hemmer (Pete’s godson).
Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email – I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.