Online Worship Service Sunday July 5 2020 At Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra, NJ
Greeting & Announcements
Call to Worship Mary Griscom
Come to us even now O Lord of Life, And fill our hearts with your presence! We praise your name and rejoice in your love, We stand in utter amazement of who you are! Everyone who calls upon you will find fulfillment, They will rejoice forever, because you are God! Rejoice and give thanks! Hallelujah! Amen!
Hymn Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
Opening Prayer Mary Griscom
Creator God, time has passed in the life and ministry of our church. We have sought to be a faithful and loving people. We have tried hard to live out a gospel of reconciliation and peace. Bless our ministry that we may continue to discern your way at work within us. In all that we say and do may we be a people shaped in both in our values and words by our Lord Jesus Christ. God of hope, you have placed in us a yearning to dwell together in unity, to live by a larger vision, to believe in a deeper trust. You sent Jesus to be our example, guide and Savior. And you have sent the Spirit to work in and through us in surprising and often hidden ways — that we might be blessed and strengthened by our life together. Touch us once again with the mystery and wonder of being a community of faith. Through Jesus Christ, who holds us all in grace and love. Amen.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
Special Music Donis Pacem Amy Chaplin
“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.
1 Corinthians 10:23-24 23
Message Understanding Freedom
Prayers & Lord’s Prayer Please share concerns in the comment area
Hymn My Hope Is Built
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video. Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group Using ZOOM live video. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
- Sunday, July 19, 10am In-person worship service at Epworth. Doors open at 9:45am.
- Saturday July 25 10am – Noon Food Pantry. Please help get the word out to neighbors and friends who may need help! We have plenty of food to be passed out in a grab-n-go!
If you have an idea of how we can connect or do something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith, support of one another and make a difference in our community in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas. And everyone else!
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou & Nat Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Bob Pry, Jim Weston, Jean Cook, Ken & Adam Miotla.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., David O’Brien, & Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly (Tina Weiler’s aunt), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Donna (Audrey Worthy’s sister), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Weiler’s dad), Frank (Ursula Weed’s father).
Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email – I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.