Online Worship Service Sunday May 10, 2020 At Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra, NJ
Greeting & Announcements
Call to Worship
Hymn For the Beauty of the Earth
Opening Prayer Camden Wieler
O God, we pray
For our mothers who have given us life and love, that we may show them reverence and love,
For mothers who have lost a child through death, that their faith may give them hope, and their family and friends support and console them,
For women, though without children of their own, who like mother’s have nurtured and cared for us,
For mothers, who love and care for children with special needs, may they be showered with patience and strength.
For mothers, who have been unable to be a source of strength, who have not responded to their children and have not sustained their families, we pray to the Lord.
Loving God, as a mother gives life and nourishment to her children, so you watch over your church. Bless these women, that they may be strengthened as Christian mothers.
Let the example of their faith and love shine forth. Grant that we, their sons and daughters, may honor them always with a spirit of profound respect. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen
10A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
15 She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family
22 She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; 29 “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
A Reading from Proverbs 31
Special Music Diane Soper and Amy Chaplin
18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, 21 so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.
22 If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him
Prayers & Lord’s Prayer Please share concerns in the comment area
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Monday 7pm Staff Parish Meeting Using ZOOM live video. Link has been sent.
- Tuesday 7:30pm Reopening Team Using ZOOM. Link will be sent out
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video. Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group Using ZOOM live video. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
- Monday, May 18th 7pm Special Charge Conference Using ZOOM live video. for members of Council to approve PPP loan from the government.
If you have an idea of how we can connect or do something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith, support of one another and make a difference in our community in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Clara Prince, Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas. And everyone else!
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Bob Pry, Brian Neas, Reva Luce.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., & David O’Brien, Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly (Tina Weiler’s aunt), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Eddie (Audrey Worthy’s husband), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Wieler’s dad), Bill Hemmer (Pete’s godson), Chris, (Lynn Truax’ son).
Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email – I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.