Online Worship Service Sunday May 3, 2020 At Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra, NJ
Greeting & Announcements
Call to Worship
Hymn I Come with Joy
Opening Prayer Jean Cook
Holy and merciful God, we hunger for power, and you feed us the bread of humility; we long for freedom, and you invite us to drink the cup of self-denial. Faithful and Just God: our songs of gratitude will echo down the hallways of creation. You speak and all our props are knocked out from under our pride. Then, you astound us by reaching out your hand to lift us to our feet so we may follow you. Holy Gift of God: our songs of praise will echo down the hallway of our hearts. Without your wisdom, we would be speechless; without your peace, we would be heartless; without your presence, we would be graceless. Holy and merciful God, we hunger for power, and you feed us the bread of humility; we long for freedom, and you invite us to drink the cup of self-denial. Faithful and Just God: our songs of gratitude will echo down the hallways of creation. You speak and all our props are knocked out from under our pride. Then, you astound us by reaching out your hand to lift us to our feet so we may follow you.
Holy Gift of God: our songs of praise will echo down the hallway of our hearts. Without your wisdom, we would be speechless; without your peace, we would be heartless; without your presence, we would be graceless.
Gracious God we lift this prayer to You, Amen.
30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other, “Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?” 33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.
Special Music Diane Soper
35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
Prayers & Lord’s Prayer
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Monday 7pm Trustees Using ZOOM live video. Link has been sent.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video. Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group Using ZOOM live video. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
- Sunday May 2nd 10am Worship Online. Make sure to have bread and juice for communion.
If you have an idea of how we can connect or do something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith, support of one another and make a difference in our community in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Clara Prince, Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas. And everyone else!
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Bob Pry, Brian Neas, Reva Luce, The Hancock Family, The Weiler Family.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., & David O’Brien, Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly (Tina Weiler’s aunt), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Eddie (Audrey Worthy’s husband), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Wieler’s dad), Bill Hemmer (Pete’s godson), Lynn Truax’ son.
Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email – I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.