Palm Sunday Online Worship 4-5-20
Hymn Hosanna, Loud Hosanna
Open for me the gates of the righteous; I will enter and give thanks to the Lord. 20 This is the gate of the Lord through which the righteous may enter. 21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation.
22 The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; 23 the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes. 24 The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.
25 Lord, save us! Lord, grant us success!
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. From the house of the Lord we bless you. 27 The Lord is God, and he has made his light shine on us. With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession up to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you; you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118: 19-29
12 The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. 13 They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna!” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!” “Blessed is the king of Israel!” 14 Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: 15 “Do not be afraid, Daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt.” 16 At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about him and that these things had been done to him.
John 12: 12-16
Message Shouting Hosanna
Hymn What Wondrous Love
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
Thursday 7pm Maundy Thursday Worship Online.
This is a service that will include communion and Tennebrae. (Please have a piece of bread and a cup of juice of some sort for communion) We will be sharing this service with Bethany Lutheran and Central Baptist.
If you have an idea of how we can connect or something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith and in support of one another.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Clara Prince, Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Eva Schultz, Bob Pry & Brian Neas.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., & David O’Brien, Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly & Mike Terrell (Tina Weiler’s aunt & uncle), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Joyce (Beth Pelkey’s mother), Jazelis Burgos (our DS’s wife), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Eddie (Audrey Worthy’s husband), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Faye Basset’s son, Eva Schultz’s family.
- Prayers for our doctors, nurses, first responders, store clerks and others who are on the front lines.
- Prayers for those afflicted with Covid-19 virus.
- Prayers for those who have lost family and friends to the virus.
- Prayers for each of us who are dealing with staying at home.
- Prayers for teachers and their students who are learning in new ways.
- Prayers for those who are struggling due to loss of income.
- Prayers for our church which is working to continue to be the Body of Christ.
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.