Watch Worship Live Sunday July 19 2020 At Epworth United Methodist Church Palmyra, NJ
Greeting & Announcements
Call to Worship Joe Garemore
Sing to the LORD a new song. Praise God in the assembly of the faithful. Let all God’s children rejoice in their king. Rejoice in our God. Give glory to God’s holy name. Praise the LORD. Sing to the LORD a new song.
Hymn Come Christians, Join to Sing
Opening Prayer Joe Garemore
In the stillness, in the silence, we attend to your presence, our God. And we feel you filling us from within illuminating our minds, warming our hearts, stirring our spirits, transforming our lives energizing our lives until every fiber of our being is filled with your presence. Blessed are you, God of all life! Blessed are you who rejoices in our worship Blessed are you who attends to the cry of the poor Blessed are you who offers hope in the hard times Blessed are you, our God, whose name is love, whose presence is light, whose heart is justice, whose gift is grace, whose life is hope. Let our whole being resonate in praise to you Let every aspect of our lives show that we live for you. Praise be to you, our God, forever and ever. Amen.
9 Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth. 10 Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns.” The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity. 11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it. 12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy. 13 Let all creation rejoice before the Lord, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness.
Just a Closer Walk with Me — Diane Soper, Flute
“Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.” 21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.” 25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” 26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”
John 4:19-26 19
Message Real Worship
Prayers & Lord’s Prayer Please share concerns in the comment area
Hymn Shout to the Lord
- Sunday 10am Worship Online.
- Monday 10am Check In Using ZOOM live video.
Link included in an email sent Sunday afternoon. Follow on screen prompts. No need to download app. You can use any device with a webcam – tablet, PC, Laptop or smartphone. A great way to be in touch with one another.
- Monday 7 pm Trustees Meeting Using Zoom live video or call in. Link and numbers included in an email sent prior to meeting.
- Wednesday 7pm Discussion Using ZOOM live video. Link included in email. Together with John Doll we will look have a time of checking in and devotion.
- Thursday 7pm Men’s Group Using ZOOM live video. Link will be sent out. We are using Tony Dungy’s Bible Study Uncommon. Email Pastor Charlie if you want to join in.
Saturday July 25 10am – Noon Food Pantry. Please help get the word out to neighbors and friends who may need help! We have plenty of food to be passed out in a grab-n-go!
If you have an idea of how we can connect or do something to improve what we are doing please get in touch with me. Together we can be strong in faith, support of one another and make a difference in our community in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for the Family of God
- SHUT INS: Florence Wallin, & Nancy Thomas. And everyone else!
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (members) Ginny Price, Kathy Bohley, Donna Undercuffler, Richard Taylor, the Lipay family, Neil Sellars, Mary Lou & Nat Hulton, Ann Magonigal, Ella Kennedy, Robert Scheffler, Jo Malessa, Mary Griscom, Bob Pry, Jim Weston, Jean Cook, Eva Schultz.
- ONGOING PRAYERS: (friends & relatives): Shirley Lee & Rick (Ginny Price’s aunt & brother), Denise, Gale Bataille, Ryan, Nicki Bibbo, H.I., David O’Brien, Jim Stuart,& Matthew (Jo Malessa’s relatives & friends), Don Rinck (The Rinck’s son), Beverly (Tina Weiler’s aunt), Karl (Bonnie Neamand’s brother-in-law), Stephanie & Cody (Fay Bassett’s children), Theodore Lehmann (Carol Fenton’s relative), Maryann (Mary Jo Guidry’s friend), Carmen (Becky Bohley’s friend), Harold Schmul, Christine Giebel (Carol Fenton’s granddaugher), Laura Klaus (Cliff Mason’s sister), Ellen Rambow (Pat Rambow’s daughter-in-law), Bill Conley (the Cook’s son-in-law), Jason (Letha McClellan’s friend), Myles (Tim Weiler’s friend), Alexis Ciccanti (Pat Rambow’s granddaughter), Carol (Don Bird’s mother), Robert (Ann Wright’s son), Michelle Huang (the Hancock’s relative), Richard Williams (Devon’s husband), Donna (Audrey Worthy’s sister), Thomas (Julie Scheffler’s grandson, Joyce Brown (Beth Pelkey’s mom), Harry (Tim Weiler’s dad), Frank (Ursula Weed’s father).
- Prayers for each of us as we live in the midst of these troubled times. We pray for health, comfort, peace and courage.
Please contact me with your prayer requests and concerns by calling me at home or sending an email – I am trying to limit prayer request emails to a couple of times per week. During our worship service you can use “comment” to share your prayer requests with others.
Be Smart! Be Safe!
Your Support is Needed
Even as we distance ourselves, our ministry continues. Please continue to make your contributions to Epworth online or simply mail them in. At this time it is important to adjust your giving to completely go to the general fund. Maybe you could contribute what you might have spent on flowers. This will help us continue to meet our financial obligations during this difficult time.